“Keep the Party Moving”

27 Aug

I feel a little guilty…like we met, I got your number, and I never called. But here’s the thing. I was nervous! And it was totally not you, it was ME. Promise.

Wanna’ know what this is all about? Well now I can finally tell you (and maybe you’ll understand what this post was about…) A show that I filmed back in February called “Keep the Party Moving” just aired tonight on Style Network. It’s a reality TV pilot that follows 4 friends as they compete against one another to throw the best course in a progressive dinner party.

Whaaaaaaa? I know. See, up until now I wasn’t sure I was proud of how it all turned out. I did my best, put my heart into it, and felt more than a little disenfranchised when all was said and done. But you know what, I’m okay. Not great, but okay. Mainly because they called me a “Chicken -Loving, Tattooed Martha Stewart”, to which I say HELL YES PLEASE! That’s about everything I’ve ever hoped to be in this lifetime.

I could launch into a whole monologue about how I felt going into it (freaking awesome), how I felt during (freaking exhausted), and how I felt afterward (freaking floored), but I won’t. Instead, I’m going to tell you that you should watch it for yourself on Style Network this week. It’s airing tonight, tomorrow, three times the next day, twice on Friday…you get the idea. This show is the pilot for a new series, so apparently they’re testing the waters or something. I dunno. TV speak.

Anyway, the point is I was drained and paralyzed by the whole thing. Sadly, it sucked out all of my creative energy, and I had none left for blogging. I did, however, plant a new garden (thanks hubby!) and harvest about a hundred tomatoes since I last posted. So all in all I’m doing great.

IMG_9707

Conclusion: I’m back. I just needed to see how this all would flesh out – and you know, I’ve decided it’s going to be okay.

So if you do end up watching the show, give me a shout out and let me know if you agree that my food kicked A$$. Aw shoot, who am I kidding, you know I’m posting those recipes for y’all anyway, baby!

xoxo, huge hugs & smooches,

Anjale signature WEB

About these ads

19 Responses to ““Keep the Party Moving””

1. Trina McElroy August 27, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

I had no idea I could squeak out any more love for you, but it happened! I am so in love with you! You chicken-lovin’, tattooed Martha Stewart! HELL YES!

• FreeTheMom August 27, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

Aw mama! Right back ‘atcha! Thank-you for all of your help through this thing. xoxo

2. kuophoto August 27, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

I didn’t get to see it, but I don’t have to to know how freakin’ awesome you are. :) I don’t need any (un)reality show judges to tell me! Mwah!! xo

3. Janis Byars August 27, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Hey You! I’m so glad you are pleased! I DVR’d it and can’t wait to watch it tomorrow!!!

Sent from my iPhone

4. Processing the Light August 28, 2013 at 4:33 am #

This is awesome!!! Way to put it all out there! No extra cool cable channels here so YouTube it for me, HA. I’m sure it came out great. Miss you!

5. Kevin August 28, 2013 at 8:38 am #

Very cool indeed! I can’t wait to watch it with my wife and brag how I follow your blog. I know I’ll be launched in your rock star tattooed world of progressive dinners just by watching the show! Great job!

6. Karina August 28, 2013 at 10:25 am #

I am going to watch that ish! I’ll let you know my thoughts :)

7. Deborah August 29, 2013 at 9:34 am #

Ruth(Varela) and I watched it and look foreward to your recipes.
    Hope you all stayed friends…
    You did an amazing job.

8. Dawna August 30, 2013 at 5:38 am #

I thought you did great. I would have picked you for sure. There is nothing wrong with being a “Chicken -Loving, Tattooed Martha Stewart”. You ROCK Anjale!!! I definitely want to eat one of your meals. I hope your friendships weren’t ruined. Glad to see you are doing well.

9. Ms. J- August 30, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

I totally recorded the show and watched it last night. You are better (and certainly HOTTER) than any version of Martha Stewart ever! Indeed, I hope you and your neighbors played up some drama for the cameras and that you can all still borrow a stick of butter, a cup of sugar, or a divine egg from each other! You are gorgeous and lovely; I wanted to be having drinks, eating, and hugging your boys and chickens with YOU! So much love and congrats for putting this on your list of experiences on this crazy, winding road of Life we are meandering up and down and all around. xoxo Ms. J-

10. Jillian February 1, 2014 at 1:23 am #

Hey! I was one of the extras at the beach-theme party! I was trying to find whether the show ever aired or not and it brought me to your post! I would love to see the footage, do you know anywhere online I could re-watch? I think you guys all did a great job!

• FreeTheMom February 11, 2014 at 11:02 am #

I have no idea! Maybe contact Beth and see if she can hook you up with a copy :) You guys were great!