Mustache Tuesday

3 Apr

Hey y’all. It’s Tuesday. Normally a pretty average day except that this week we are on Spring Break. Woo! And I have successfully avoided opening my laptop…until now. Four days of total disconnect – then this morning my kiddos decide to have a brief conversation that’s kinda worth breaking the silence for. A conversation about none other than the mustache. Yup.

Big Bro: Grandma’s rarely have mustaches.

Little Bro: They’re cool. I want one.

Big Bro: Mustaches are fun. Fun-ny. Like if someone just walked up to you and said, “Look, I have a mustache” … that would be funny. Mommy, did daddy wear his fake mustache at your wedding?

I’m happy to report that although it’s true daddy does have a fake mustache in his medicine cabinet just in case he *needs* it, he did not wear it at our wedding. And none of the 3 grandmas in our family has a mustache of her own. Yet.

10 Responses to “Mustache Tuesday”

1. Colin April 3, 2012 at 8:28 am #

Anjale, this is full of fake mustaches for the boys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBsBU3vn6M

(Annie L. *blasts* this song, so you have to picture it filling the house over there while you watch.)

• Anjale April 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Hahah – oh NO!I see this being the next craze in our house as well. Love that Annie girl. Thanks Colin ๐Ÿ™‚

2. rose armand April 3, 2012 at 8:38 am #

OK, time to come clean. It’s a daily task for this Cherokee grammy to keep the mustache at bay, and sorry, boys, grammy won’t let it grow so you can see it.

• Anjale April 3, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

Baahahaha – mom! That is great. I’m really looking forward to that stage on my life as a Cherokee ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Rysa P April 3, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Cherokees grow hair long and braid it Anj… the mustache should be no exception. Looking forward to your braided lip.

• FreeTheMom April 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Another baahahahah here. Seriously Rys. Love ya.

4. Viktor April 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Great post! I love that cartoon!! I have the posopite problem from you, Kim, I met my husband in 1996. I have never seen him without a beard or mustache : ) I have asked him over the years to cut it just to see what he looks like (wink!) but I doubt he ever will so it is a jolly good thing! I like mustaches!!Fun post and GREAT blog!!Patti

5. Ucup April 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

Hee Hee Hee! How funny! Well my dad had one about 20 yrs ago. He had it for a few weeks and then off it came. My Father In Law had one for as long as my husband could remmeber and then one day a year or two ago he shaved it off and we have yet to see it make it’s re-appearance.