Puppy Party

28 Apr

As you may know little dude turned 4 this month, and today marked the arrival of his long awaited Puppy Party. I am remiss to say that this was his first solo birthday party (mean mommy makes him share with his brother…), but justify it with the knowledge that he won’t remember much of those years anyway. It’s how I live with myself.

With parties growing bigger and better every year in our neighborhood, I asked the little guy with trepidation a couple of months ago what he wanted to do to celebrate. He waffled for a week or two, as four year olds are prone to do, then stated definitively that he wanted a puppy party. And pink cake. So with the help of google I made it happen. When I had envisioned how today would look I dreamed of a throwback to the simpler days. The times when a birthday party meant some kids, some parents, and some cake in the front yard. Bam, done. So that’s what we did. Well, that plus 10 puppies.

On my end the goal was simplicity, and, hallelujah, Idunnit! I even had time to enjoy little dude’s buddies from school and a group of beautifully interesting parents, all wrapped up in one wholesome afternoon. And energy on top of that to share pics the very same day? Miraculous! I may even get to thank-you notes this afternoon…ah who am I kidding. I’m totally napping instead.

Still, this must be the kind of party that bears repeating, maybe even year after year. If he’s lucky.

The cupcakes

The candy

Gorgeous custom cupcake toppers by The Paper Perfectionist!

This makes me smile.

The party

Old fashioned refreshments

Pup-corn

Dog chow (aka: coco puffs)

Chew Stix

Hot Dogs

Bone-wiches

The puppies (look mom, no rabies!)

Mama painted faces. That’s one happy pup.

The Pup-cakes!

Four years old…really, so soon?

Birthday song. My favorite part.

Adopt-a-Puppy station

Love..to…snuggle. This is the little man in his happy place.

After party swim for the birthday boy.

Somebody put a fork in that kid – he is DONE!

So I have to give credit where credit is due and thank Val Marini, The Paper Perfectionist, for her wonderful cupcake toppers, banners, party favor tags (which went around the adopted puppies necks), and thank-you cards. And apparently my mom knows as well as y’all do that I don’t do dishes…so she did them all for me. Mom, you are really somethin’. Thank-you. And also my bestie who took the kids post-party for a sleepover. Whaaat? And another friend is picking me up tonight to head out to a really loud concert! My favorite kind.

Really, this could be the best day ever. Happy birthday buddy. I love you so crazy much.

21 Responses to “Puppy Party”

1. Pamela Morgan Redela April 28, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Happy Party Day Mason!!! Tia Pam and Tio Mike with cousins Averi and Shane send their love 🙂 xoxoxox

2. Processing the Light April 28, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

Way to go mom!!

3. Widi April 28, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

The cupcakes looks yummy:D

• FreeTheMom April 28, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

Well, as much as I’d love to vouch for that fact, I don’t eat wheat so I have no darned idea how they tasted! Which is why it’s important they look pretty – I ate with my eyes 😉

• Widi April 28, 2012 at 6:30 pm #

wew, but i like the decorate of cupcakes;;)

4. Aryan May 1, 2012 at 7:39 am #

Happy Birthday BIG BOY!!! Everything look amazing, a puppy heaven!!!. Big hug to all of you guys and the BD boy.

5. Cutie Doggy August 3, 2013 at 7:24 am #

Your style is very unique in comparison to other people I
    have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this site.

• FreeTheMom August 27, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

Thank-you So very much! And I’m back, so hopefully you’ll have more to see in the upcoming months 🙂

• jolacruise September 20, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

Love the decor! Thank you so much for posting. I’m looking into having a Paw Patrol party for our 2 year old. Would you mind telling me where did you find the serving bowls for the sandwiches, etc. Thank you!

• FreeTheMom September 22, 2015 at 10:22 am #

The dog bowls are from Big Lots – nice and cheap! Good luck and share pics when the party is through!!!

6. Madalene July 29, 2016 at 3:25 am #

Hi…I’m doing a dog and paw print theme for my classroom. I wanted to do refreshments for my parents…and I love the bone-wiches!!! Do you mind telling me how you did that???

• FreeTheMom July 30, 2016 at 9:07 am #

I just used a cookie cutter – easy peasy! Good luck – teachers rule!

7. Kendra August 30, 2016 at 5:27 am #

Absolutely love this!! Would you mind sharing where you got all of the stuffed puppies? I know it’s been awhile, but thought I’d ask 😉

• FreeTheMom August 31, 2016 at 5:29 pm #

Got them on Amazon…always a lifesaver!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The kid’s gone crazy « Free the Mom - April 30, 2012

[…] loving, he’s audacious, he’s 100% boy (except for that whole pink cake and puppy party thing). And although his brand of tantrum is twice the storm of his brother’s, I guess I […]

2. How To Have the Best Birthday For Your Pup! | Outside the Box - November 7, 2014

[…] Puffs), and bone shaped sandwiches as some of the snacks. You can check out her blog post about it here! All of her creative ideas can easily be made into food for a pup’s […]

3. TEMA DE FIESTA 2016: PATRULLA CANINA! | Party Ideas From PartyWeb - January 18, 2016

[…] 1.Los sandwiches en forma de huesitos ambientan y a la vez  dan una medida apropiada para que coman los más peques. Podría hacerse de queso o de guacamole, por ejemplo para variar con el tradicional jamón y queso. Puedes hacerla con un molde de galletas. […]

4. Useful Ideas on Paw Patrol Puppy and Dogs Themed Birthday Party – Diy Crafts & Food Ideas - June 15, 2016

[…] freethemom.com […]