Big news ahead…I won my first blogging award – woot woot!
The rules for this award are as follows:
Thank the person who gave you this award (that’s common courtesy). Include a link to their blog (that’s also common courtesy).
Alrighty then, I would like to thank Andrew over at Papa Sense for the honor of this nomination. I appreciate your candor, and the papa wisdom that concludes each of your stories. I love stopping by to see what you’ve got going on, and am stoked that you feel the same about FreeTheMom. Cheers!
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly that are excellent. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Alrighty again. I’ll admit, this one was a challenge. Because, well, there just really aren’t that many blogs I love (I’m remiss to admit that in public here, but gotta’ be honest…). So I halved it and chose a lucky 7. That said, I really do enjoy the blogs below, and believe them all to be deserving of the nomination. Hope you’ll check them out too.
1) Georgia Getz over at www.iambossy.com is just hilarious. While I fear hitting the publish button if my post has one too many curse words, I have a feeling that Georgia fears, well, maybe nothing. And I love that about her.
2) Lotus Carroll, aka Sarcastic Mom is a photographer and otherwise creative gal who every once in a while strikes a nerve that sends me into a cheek aching fit of laughter. Like this. Or this. See, ROFL (did I use that acronym right?).
3) D. Marie at Hey Dahlin’ is also funny and inappropriate. Are you sensing a theme here?
4) Chris writes at The Man of the Minivan and has a fat Schnauser. As in the dog. That alone is funny.
5) Kaity Gorman over at Processing the Light breaks the mold of my usual morning-coffee-blog-reading with her deeply thoughtful, down to earth posts (not a dig to the rest of y’all, I’m just saying…). Despite the newness of her blog, it holds some real promise, and I always enjoy a visit.
6) Tanis Miller at The Redneck Mommy is not only funny, she also supports a number of charities. I like that.
Okay, I lied. I’m stopping at 6…
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Yup, this I can do:
1) I’m Indian. Feathers not dots. Cherokee, to be specific. That and a whole lot of other stuff.
2) I sing in the kitchen and the car. Someday this will embarrass my kids, but for now they think it’s awesome.
3) I also play a mean piano rendition of “On With the Show”. Yup, circus music. Every bit as annoying as one might imagine.
4) I can’t do the same thing for too many days in a row. Or too many hours in a row, for that matter. Unless it’s laying on a beach. Nah, even that gets boring after a while. Gimme adventure!
5) I love love love to cook, but don’t do it as often as I should. In another lifetime I’d open up a gluten free, soy free, corn free bakery.
6) In another-another lifetime I’d like to be a rockstar. The kind that roasts goats in hotel rooms.
7) Every day that I get in my car and drive the boys to school I feel thankful for each happy green lawn, manicured garden, and ocean view that we pass. As a little girl I wondered if my friends knew how lucky they were. As a big girl I keep pinching myself because here I am, right in the beautiful thick of it.
Many thanks again to Andrew over at Papa Sense for the nomination. It only took me 28 days to process the news and get this post out into the world…still impressed, my friend? Boom shaka laka boom boom y’all.