Mama’s gettin’ chickens

30 Jun

It’s Saturday night and I’m researching chickens on the sofa of the Beach House in Hermosa. I could be out at a fabulous dinner or dancing or walking on the beach, but instead I’m grinning at this here computer screen. Because seriously, doesn’t this just make you smile:

And this:

And, really? This:

The rumors are true, we’re getting chickens. At which point this blog will turn into an organic chicken how-to site. Or I’ll be so exhausted from hand feeding baby chicks that I’ll never have the energy to post again. We’ll see what happens.

Estimated chick delivery date: 7/22/12. I’ll keep ya’ posted!

9 Responses to “Mama’s gettin’ chickens”

1. rysa p. June 30, 2012 at 8:58 pm #

Seriously some of the best pets I ever had. Check this out – https://www.omlet.us/shop/shop.php?cat=Eglu

• FreeTheMom June 30, 2012 at 9:00 pm #

How easy are those! Love it! Hubby is building us a reclaimed coop from an old play structure…I’ll let you know how it goes 😉

• KSC July 1, 2012 at 7:29 am #

When is he building it? I know Ed said he’d build mine but I have two metal smiths (one with chicken coop experience) and I’m thinking about tricking them into building mine (or I might just ask them!).

• FreeTheMom July 3, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Hopefully within the next month. The chicks will be in the house with us for the first 8 weeks, so we have time!

2. Sharon June 30, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

I want chickens, too! I also want a goat! Bring on the eggs!

3. Dom Deluise July 1, 2012 at 7:56 am #

Do they make Thundershirts that small???

• FreeTheMom July 3, 2012 at 9:52 am #

Let’s hope our hens aren’t as anxious as the rest of our brood…